Our Tenant Participation Strategy
What is a Tenant Participation Strategy?
A Tenant Participation Strategy is a plan that sets out how we will communicate with you, our tenants.
Tenant Participation is about involving you in shaping the housing services you receive and the way your communities are managed. The strategy sets out how we will work with you to provide you with a range of ways to get involved and how your views will inform the decisions we make.
Our Commitment to Tenant Participation
We are committed to involving you in a meaningful and effective way. To do this, we will:
- Provide clear information about our services
- Provide opportunities for you to get involved in the things you are most interested in
- Identify and remove barriers so that we open involvement to all tenants regardless of age, disability, race, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, religion and belief, gender or sexual orientation
- Consult you in a variety of ways most suited to your needs and circumstances
- Provide feedback in a range of formats
- Provide support to develop the skills, knowledge and confidence of all participants
- Monitor and review the strategy regularly
Tenant Participation will play a key role in enabling you to engage with us and make your expectations and concerns known to us. The Tenant Participation Strategy will set out how we will support you to work with us to develop a service that is efficient, accountable and responsive to your needs.